Monday, December 28, 2015

BUFFALO HUMMUS


BUFFALO HUMMUS



I love buffalo hummus, buffalo chicken, you name it...I like a lot of flavor.  I just can't seem to get enough. Primarily I use veggies to dip it, sometimes homemade pita chips. You can jazz up boring rice cakes with hummus too. I've even been known to make it my 'pizza sauce' on a FlatOut pizza and on a quesadilla! 
 
Nutrition Facts Per Serving
Serves: 8
Calories: 104
Fat: 4.2 grams
Protein: 2.9 grams
 
Ingredients
1 16 oz can organic chick peas
2 tbsp. olive oil
4 tbsp. Frank's buffalo sauce
2 tbsp. water
1 lime
2 garlic cloves
1 tsp. cumin
handful fresh cilantro
salt & pepper to taste
 
1.  Rinse chick peas to remove excess sodium.  Add beans, buffalo sauce, olive oil, water, garlic, cumin, cilantro and the juice of one lime to food processor/blender and blend until smooth.  Salt and pepper to taste.
2.  Serves alongside fresh cut veggies.
 
Enjoy :)
 

No comments:

Post a Comment